Looking for a healthy pizza dough recipe that doesn't take longer than half an hour? This is it!
Pizza Italian Style
Healthy Homemade Pizza
- 3 cups lukewarm water
- 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp yeast (active or fast rising, either one is fine)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Fresh herbs, such a basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary. You can easily substitute with 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- Mix water, salt and yeast in your mixer bowl.
- Add all purpose flour and stir for about 1/2 minute.
- Remember to use your safety mat if you're using Slidekickz™ with your stand mixer.
- Let dough sit and rise for about 30 min.
- Once your dough has doubled in size take a small portion and form into a pizza square.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Mix for about 1/2 minute.
- Put tomato sauce on your pizza dough.
- Add cheese and any addition ingredients you'd like to have on your pizza. some ideas are bell pepper, jalapeño, spinach, ham, sausage, olives, rucola, etc.
- Bake pizza for about 20min at 425F.
For stand mixer enthusiasts.