When it was time to come up with packaging for our Slidekickz we came across Origami Folding Techniques - just by coincidence. We did not have to think twice: A Box made out of biodegradable paper was the perfect solution! Earth-friendly, easy, cute!
The Slidekickz Box
Origami Science at Baverican
- Fold a square piece of paper (we use 8" x 8") in half on the horizontal axis. Crease well and unfold.
- Fold paper in half on vertical axis. Again, crease well and unfold.
- Using these lines as guide, fold all four corners of the paper into its center.
- Fold both edges to the centerline.
- Unfold you paper, it should look just like picture 3.
- Turn your paper.
- Fold edges again to the centerline.
- To bring up the outer walls do a reverse fold as shown in picture 2.
- Tuck in the flap as shown to form the side of the box.
- Turn your box, repeat the last steps and form the other wall of your box.
- Voila! Your Origami Box is done!
Recycled card stock.
Box: 8" x 8". The purple one is the box.
Lid: 81/2" x 81/2". The yellow one is the box lid.
Small cutouts in the side walls of the lid make it easy to open the box
Our Slidekickz boxes come with a burlap insert on the bottom and a wooden divider, so the Slidekickz won't scratch each other during shipping. The wooden divider is made out of scrap wood from our Counter Float™ production.